Sunday, September 9, 2012

Do We Have Compassion?

We have been challenged. Challenged to think about people other than ourselves. Those who have no voice and no advocate. We've been given a charge, but will we accept?

"Jesus answered, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'" Matthew 19:21

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in." Matthew 25:35

"If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."
1 John 3:17-18

I could list a number of other verses that implore us to take action. All around us people are in need. Every corner of the globe there are those who cry out daily for help, for compassion. Do we have compassion? Will we have compassion? Can you look into the eyes of one of these children and say yes? God has blessed us with much, now I encourage you to go and share that blessing with others.

If you cannot support financially, will you pray? Pray that God would provide sponsors for these beautiful children. Pray that God will uplift their pastors and the church volunteers who give to these kids daily. Pray that their parents can find stable jobs and homes, clean water and food. Pray for hearts to be turned towards Jesus. Pray for compassion.

Sponsor a Child

1 comment:

  1. I try and give as much as I can to children locally. Our food bank is always in need.

    ReplyDelete