Thursday, January 25, 2024

Take Them Captive

I've been noticing lately, that it's very important to pay attention to what you align yourself with in your thought life. It's easy to just agree with things, instead of question where did this thought come from? Is it healthy? Is it even true?

The reason for this thinking is because I'm in a new season in which God is growing some things in me and old habits are hurting me the most. But even in that, old thinking is too. I'm a new person, changed and healed in a lot of areas. But when those old patterns, habits or thinking come along, it's easy to just up and decide that's who I am.

It's not who I am now. I can be honest and say that's who I was, but who I am today is stronger and more secure and capable in what God has before me. So realizing that these are not healthy thoughts or are untrue thoughts is key. Taking them captive - even better!

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment