Friday, November 11, 2022

Skipping Steps

I was thinking and praying on something today, asking God to guide my steps, taking them one at a time on this journey that I am on. And yet, a funny revelation struck me... I like to skip steps. When I walk up stairs, I usually tend to skip one or more on my way up. I really don't like taking them one at a time.

I think this ironic thought was His way of reminding me that life's not always going to go smoothly, moving ahead sometimes isn't one step at a time, as mind easing as that can feel. That I'm only expected to go one step at a time makes looking ahead easier.

But the reality to that matter is that you may just skip steps here and there to get to the destination faster and if God's the one guiding you to skip those steps all the better. He knows the pace I need to move at. He knows the movements I need to make and the progress needed to get there. So if I get to skip a few steps, well, hopefully I'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment